Are you planning on a new roof this year? As you begin to search for a contractor remember to collect estimates where you can compare, as your grandmother would say, “Apples to apples.” My parents replaced their fence recently. My father selected three fencing contractors and each one came out and gave him competitive estimates. He quickly found pricing differed based on materials used, workmanship warranties, and installation techniques. When you are doing any kind of construction it’s a great idea to collect multiple quotes in order to find the best price. At Highroad Roofing we suggest that you keep 5 questions to keep in mind as you choose your preferred roofer:
1. Is the contractor fully insured with proof of Liability and Workman’s Compensation? You should never be held responsible for an accident!
2. Has the contractor included ALL necessary components for the roof? (Underlayment or felt, flashings, replacing vents, and including proper removal and haul away). This will help you avoid the “change order” game after the project has started.
3. Is the Contractor licensed and pulling a permit?
4. Who is doing the work? Are the roofing technicians trained and background checked? You might consider requesting to visit a project site. See how the company treats the homeowner and the homeowner’s property.
5. What are their Payment Terms and Warranties? Is payment due upon complete satisfaction and passing of the city’s inspection?Is the workmanship warranty for an appropriate time frame after installation to protect you against faulty workmanship?
Stay tuned for the next segment on why Highroad Roofing is your preferred Fort Collins contractor of choice!